- Packaging Film
- Converted Packaging
- Corrugated Packaging
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Transit Packaging
NPP are recruiting for a Service Manager to lead an expanding engineering department in a dynamic and leading business in the packaging industry.
This role will be responsible for providing customers with all pertinent information about the company’s product or service offerings. They will also manage a team of people to ensure optimum service delivery, resulting in maximum productivity and client satisfaction.
You are not the first point of contact for customers, but you should possess extensive knowledge of the standards and procedures that the client organisation uses. Clients are spread across a number of industries including Food, Industrial, Pharma, etc.
The successful candidate will report to the senior management team and will be responsible for building the company’s reputation as an integrator and supplier of packaging machinery.
- Provide technical support to customers and suppliers around Ireland and the UK.
- Understand the technical requirements of existing customers and ensure their needs are being met.
- Ensure the quality and suitability of product recommendations, and that technical specifications are up to date and accurate.
- Liaise and build relationships with our partners and ensure that the company product range is understood and promoted.
- Actively engage and support in New Product Development, including supplier and customer trials.
- Support the Sales and Commercial teams in driving new business development into commercial success.
- Coach, guide, and motivate a team of technicians to give maximum efforts and high-quality services.
- Identify areas for development and create training initiatives with the team to up-skill the technicians.
- Coordinate with involved stakeholders including Sales, Project Management, etc, to ensure accurate work delivery.
- Efficiently allocate manpower to provide services to customers.
- Develop and implement service standards and procedures for the service delivery department.
- Supervise other members of the service delivery team.
- Maintain customer relationships and improving response and delivery times.
- Update service methods to improve overall efficiency.
- Resolve any service problems and customer complaints.
- Conduct periodic appraisals of team members and identifying areas for improvement.
- Create and present regular reports to senior management.
- Develop contracts for Commercial Contractors and Developers who have ongoing rental or purchase needs.
Skills and qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and service delivery standards
- Strong leadership ability and team spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages, SAP Business One
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- A people person
- Engineering in the food / pharma space
- Knowledge of equipment that handles multi head weighing, thermal forming, tray sealing etc
- Three plus years of experience in management of service procedures, interfacing with customers
- Field Service Engineer experience
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to email@example.com
Contact & Support
Have a question for our team? Please get in touch.