- Packaging Film
- Converted Packaging
- Corrugated Packaging
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Transit Packaging
Logistics Warehouse Manager
NPP Packaging Systems Ltd are recruiting for an experienced individual to lead a busy logistics and warehouse team in Coldwinters Dublin.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, this role will manage warehouse operations, the goods inwards and outwards function as well as transport and inventory.
The successful candidate, a flexible and strategic individual, will lead a diverse team in providing our customers with the excellent service they have come to expect from NPP by improving and driving our warehouse processes, policies and standards.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, and transportation teams.
- Review and improve current processes and policies.
- Arrange warehouse, oversee the routes and the processing of shipments.
- Keep accurate track of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Space utilisation and configuration effectiveness for the racking.
- Actively engage with quality team to manage overall quality in the warehouse.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Comply with laws, regulations & other legal requirements, ISO, HSA, etc.
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to manage and maximize efficiency. Plan work rotas and assign tasks.
- Arrange regular meetings with warehouse leads to analyse productivity and develop actionable plans for loss prevention.
Senior Management Team Reporting
- Deliver on cost and productivity targets.
- Prepare and manage annual budget.
- Build reporting metrics to assess all areas of warehouse performance.
- Provide monthly reports to senior management team.
- Attend meetings with peers as well as developing meetings with the warehouse operations teams.
- Arrange and lead regular team meetings.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Carry out performance management meetings.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of new staff.
- Encourage engagement and participation at all times.
- Team management, manage holiday requests, approve expenses and overtime.
- Induct, coach and motivate new and existing staff.
- Manage stock lists, inventory control, space management, floor productivity. Control weekly cycle counting and reporting.
- Check stock lists for accuracy.
- Check for errors daily and resolve immediately.
- Stock accuracy levels to be 100%.
- Reconcile stock lists.
- Proven work experience as a logistics manager.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a strong aptitude in building relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask to deadlines.
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Reporting and analysis.
- Managing the team responsible for the daily warehouse activities, including loading, unloading, labelling pallets.
- Carry out regular staff performance reviews and conversations.
- Identify and resolve staff issues early to avoid escalation where possible.
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Regular / scheduled inspections of equipment, tools, and machinery.
- Regular / scheduled (daily) aisle walks for safety and damage reporting.
- Proficiency with warehouse procedures and best practice.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of company staff.
- Ability to deliver effective feedback, both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A working knowledge of SAP or other WMS would be advantageous.
Contact & Support
Have a question for our team? Please get in touch.